Auction Terms & Conditions THIS WILL BE A TIMED ONLINE ONLY AUCTION EVENT held at www.hibid.com. The PREBID aspect will be available Approx. 16 days prior to the Auction Date. One lot will be scheduled to end every 45 seconds. The Auction will take about 1.25-1.5 hours to conclude.
THERE ARE MANY HIGH QUALITY PHOTOS OF THE ITEMS BEING SOLD ON THE AUCTION CO. WEBSITE. IF YOU NEED TO SEE A LARGER IMAGE PLEASE VIEW WWW.AMAUCTIONS.COM
TERMS OF SALE
We advise all prospective bidders to read the Terms & Conditions of the Auction Sale before bidding in an A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC Auction. By placing a bid the bidder is bound by those Terms and Conditions of the Sale, as amended by any oral announcement or posted notices, which together form the contract of the sale between the successful bidder (purchaser), A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC and the seller (consignor) of the lot(s).
1. All property is sold "As Is, Where Is", and All Sales are Final. There is no bid reversals or refunds of any kind
2. INSPECTION: Property is open to thorough public inspection. The bidder is invited, urged and cautioned to inspect the property prior to bidding. Property will be available for inspection at the places and times specified. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age genuineness, authenticity, value or any other determinative factor prior to placing a bid on an item. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value. A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the internet, over the phone and at the auction but makes no representations. Persons in attendance during inspection, sale or removal of merchandise assume all risks of damage or loss to persons, property, or merchandise and shall exercise proper precautions at all times for the protection of persons and property and shall comply with all safety and health requirements as directed by Auctioneer, and local, state and federal regulations. Auctioneer, its agents, its employees and representatives shall not be liable by reason of any defect in or about the condition of the premises on which the auction is held. Buyer specifically releases Auctioneer, its agents and representatives from all liability thereof. In no event shall A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
3. BIDDER REGISTRATION: Bidder must be 18 years of age or older and is required to register for each auction. To participate in this Auction prospective bidders must register & provide identification information to establish that you are a valid bidder: At the time of registration, we collect information about you to verify who you are before you can bid. Bidder must submit information found to be current, complete, and accurate for proper identification. We collect credit card information to ensure that you are a qualified buyer. Bidder is responsible for security of his/her bidding number/user name and password, and any and all bids placed under the assigned number/ID. Auctioneer & Auction Host Site (HiBid/Proxibid) should be notified immediately if bidder believes his/her bid number, account and/or password have been compromised.
There is no cost to register for an auction (A $1 Authorization will be charged when you initially register to validate your credit card by HiBid.) The Authorization is never deducted from your account. It verifies that the card being placed on file is legitimate. HiBid's computer system preforms an AVS (Address Verification Check) on the card you register with. The Billing information you provide HiBid will be validated with the card issuer through this authorization. If the Billing information on the Card doesn't match your actual billing address information the card may be rejected for possible fraud activity. Some Lenders/CC Companies don't participate in this AVS Check. If the HiBid computer system doesn't receive a satisfactory response it may kick out that credit card. If you have another Credit Card, preferably through a different lender try that.
A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to terminate any registration, deny any person for any reason, permission or access to bid, to reject any and all bids, and to suspend or ban Bidder from bidding in Auctions conducted by A&M. Bidder registration is not transferable or assignable.
Highbid User Ratings. Every bidder starts with a reputation of 0 and, with activity, this score goes up or down to a value between -100 (very bad) and 100 (very good). Any bidder with a reputation lower than +1 will have their auction bid permission set to pending. We will verify your information if you are a new bidder with a reputation of "0". Once approved or declined you will receive an email confirmation. If you have a negative user rating/score on Hibid or Proxibid the Auction Co. at its sole discretion may decline any and all bids placed by your account. As a last resort if we find you to be a non paying bidder or using fraudulent registration and/or credit card information you may be permanently declined from bidding at our auctions.
Once a new HiBid customer has participated/purchased items in a few auctions you will start to build up positive feedback with a successful pay and pickup transaction. Once you have a positive feedback rating your account will normally be automatically approved for auctions conducted on HiBid by A&M Auctioneers for a preset bidding amount. That amount is normally equal to the highest priced item in the Auction. If we have a vehicle that is worth $4,000 we would say that $5,000 would be the maximum high bid that would automatically be approved on your account. Anything above that would require approval.
NOTE: If you are a new bidder to HiBid/A&M Auctioneers with a "0" feedback rating we will verify your registration information and assign your account a Maximum Preset High bid (Per Item) amount. This amount will be a Maximum of $500 per item and will depend on the Auction. This pre-approval amount will be reflected in the Bidder Acceptance email once your account has been approved. We recommend that when bidding place yours bids early so that you will know that your bid will be accepted. Don't wait until the final minute before the item closes to try to bid. In this scenario for example if you had been approved for a $500 max high bid per item and the bidding is already over $500. If you bid $750 your bid will be set to pending, a notification is sent to us, and it is nearly impossible to act upon that less than 60 Seconds. If you know you will be bidding higher than the amount that you were approved for in the email contact us prior to the item ending and we can make a manual change.
If you are not comfortable or willing to register online which includes placing a credit card on file on our Secure Web server you may enter bids in person at our facility. Bids must be in writing and are legally binding just the same. A Valid Credit Card will still be required on the bid form. Valid Identification will also be required if you are unknown to the Auction Co. We will upload the bids placed by you on your behalf onto the online bidding server.
4. All items offered online will have a minimum starting bid as displayed in the online catalogue. Online bids lower than minimum will not be accepted.
5. CATALOGUE ERRORS & OMISSIONS: If a description does not match a picture in a lot, the description takes precedence. If you find an error please contact the Auction Co. and we will attempt to rectify it. All items are sold on an "as is, where is" basis, with all faults. In the event an item was listed in error or an item can't be located during pick up for any reason, the bidder agrees that their maximum recourse is a full refund of the item in question and that all other items bid on remain binding. By bidding you are acknowledging agreement with the terms above. Do not bid unless you agree to all of these terms. The Bidder is responsible for knowing which item is being bid on. If the Bidder is unsure, they should inquire or not bid. When becoming the winning bidder at auction you have effected a contract and will be expected to pay for items in which you were evidenced to be the successful bidder. Auctioneer will not honor "mistakes".
6. REVIEWING YOUR BIDS: During an auction you can check the status of your bids at anytime by logging into online server. Please be careful when placing bids. Placing a bid is a two step process. When you click bid button it will pull up a window verifying that you want to place that bid. If you want to place the next bid increment that the computer is asking for you can do that. If you desire to increase the amount of your bid this screen will allow you to bid a higher amount. Ensure that you type in the correct amount. If you make an error the Auction Co. can attempt to correct it, but it has to be in a timely manner before the item closes. In order to make a correction you must contact the Auction Co. at 410-835-0384. We have a staff member in the office during all online auctions. You are responsible for the bids that you place. Note that no bids can be withdrawn after the auction for any reason.
7. PROGRESSION OF THE AUCTION: Auctions are typically uploaded to the HiBid Auction Platform 30-45 days before the auction is scheduled to end. Some short notice auctions may be online for only 15-30 Days. Each Auction will have a scheduled time that each auctions items will begin closing. If an auction starts closing on a Wednesday night at 5 PM the first lot will be scheduled to close at that time. Depending on the quantity of items in the Auction lots may be scheduled to end anywhere between 20 to 60 seconds a part. Each lot will show a scheduled ending time. If no one bids in the final minute before a lot is scheduled to close that lot will close out. If someone bids within the final minute before that lot is scheduled to close, 1 Extra minute will be added to that lot and that lot only to allow additional time for people to bid. The remaining lots behind that lot will continue to close as scheduled unless someone bids in the last minute on that specific lot as well. This is done to prevent a bidder from 'sniping', all bids made in the last minute of the auction will force an item to stay open for an additional 1 minute. This gives the back bidder additional time in increase his/her bid if desired. This process will continue until all bidding has ceased on no one bids within the additional minute that was added.
8. PAYING FOR YOUR PURCHASES: Generally you will receive an "UNPAID" Auction Invoice on the day/night of the Auction immediately following the sale via email. The invoice/email will include information about the Auction Pickup information. You are responsible for checking your email/logging in to HiBid to verify if you won items. We process charges to the Credit Card placed on file at registration for you purchases by 10 AM the morning following the auction. We print the invoices once they are paid. You will receive your "Paid in Full" invoice at the scheduled pickup date/time. When you arrive at the pickup location find the Registration table. (Normally inside the home/Building) You will sign your invoice and then the A&M Staff will show you to your items and provide you with your paid invoice once completed. You are responsible for verifying that you take all of your items from the auction site.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OR PAYMENT: Effective immediately we are only accepting payment for online only Auction via the Credit Card on File with HiBid/Proxibid. We are no longer accepting alternate forms of payment. We are having weekly instances of bidders requesting to pay at pickup and then not showing up at the pickup to retrieve or pay for their items. We are then stuck with items that we have not been paid for. For this reason we are requiring that all invoices are paid in full prior to the Auction Pickup date.
Please verify that you have funds available on the Credit Card that you register with. All purchases will be charged to the card that you choose at registration. We only have access to the card that you choose. You can place more than once card on file but we only have access to the card that you chose at registration. If you know that you don't have the funds available on the card on file please contact us before we process payments the next morning and provide a different card. You can also pay an invoice via Paypal if you have a Paypal account. Our email address for Paypal is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective immediately if we have a card decline for an Auction Purchase there will be a $30 Service charge added to the bill as we then have to contact you and arrange an alternate form of payment.
We have also had a few bad checks recently and for this reason we are only processing payments on the credit card on file in the future. If for what ever reason we do accept a check from you and that check bounces there will be a $30 Service charge. If you have any questions or concern's please contact us at 410-835-0384.
9. BIDDING NOTIFICATIONS: You can choose to be notified by e-mail during the auction if you have been outbid. Please note that outbid notifications are NOT sent out during the last two hours of the sale. You can watch each item end. If you are the high bidder on an item the item will be highlighted in Green in the Live Auction area. If the lot changes from green to red it means that you have been outbid and would need to bid again At a higher bid. The item will not change back to green until you have surpassed the high bid that the back bidder placed.
10. RESERVE: Seldom are items sold with Reserve. If an item is being sold with a reserve, it will be clearly marked and identified. For items sold with a 'reserve', you will be required to pay a minimum amount in order to win the item. An example would be a Titled vehicle that has a lien. We must attain a sufficient price for which the vehicle can be paid off and we can then provided marketable title.
11. Local Pickup is recommended. There will be no Shipping available for this Auction to be provided by the Auction Co. in most circumstances. Prompt pickup from the Auction Site is required. Buyer responsible for bringing all Tools, Manpower, Boxes & Packing materials to remove the items in a timely manner.
12. REMOVAL OF ITEMS: All items are sold in place. Items will be available in the condition that they were photographed. Buyers are responsible to remove items in a good workmanlike manner. You must bring any and all tools, equipment required to remove any items you purchase. You must bring any required labor to assist in carrying your items from the home to your vehicle. We will have staff onsite to assist buyers in finding their items, but they will likely not be available to assist in any way with removal of your items. Please plan ahead and come prepared. You are expected to bring boxes, packing materials, tape, tools, wheel carts, dollies or anything else needed to remove your items in a timely manner. Any items not removed by the times shown will be deemed abandoned regardless of the price. Any plumbing must be shut off before being disconnected and any electrical that is disconnected must be capped. If you can't pick your items up during the time scheduled, you are responsible for designating someone to pick your items up during the time that we are scheduled to be there. Many of these auctions are conducted offsite in a consignor's home. We have contracted with that person the dates that we are provided access to the home.
Bring back of items purchased at an Onsite Auction. If you want your items returned to our Auction Facility/dropped off at a shipper we can provide that service for a fee. YOU MUST COORDINATE THIS WITH THE AUCTION CO. PRIOR TO THE AUCTION PICKUP. This way we can determine the hauling/bring back fee and charge that at the time we process payments for the purchases. We can also then coordinate the trailer size, packing materials, padding, manpower required to remove your items from the Auction Site. We also secure, pack and remove those items from the Auction Pickup Site prior to the local pickup attendee's arriving so that your items are Safe & Secure.
AGAIN YOU MUST NOTIFY THE AUCTION CO. IF YOU NEED YOUR ITEMS BROUGHT BACK WITH US/DROPPED OFF AT A SHIPPER. DON'T JUST EXPECT THAT WE CAN READ YOUR MIND.
If we are not notified prior to the Auction Pickup day that you require this service that is considered a "NO SHOW"
NO SHOW AT THE AUCTION PICKUP (ONSITE AUCTION AWAY FROM THE A&M AUCTION FACILITY). THERE IS A $15 CHARGE PER LOT FOR A NO-SHOW AT THE SCHEDULED PICK-UP SITE. If you are a No Show at the Auction Pickup and we bring your items back to the Auction Facility there will be a Minimum charge of $15 per small item to bring your items back. A&M Auctions will determine if the items are brought back or disposed of.
NO SHOW AT THE AUCTION PICKUP (AUCTION @ THE A&M AUCTION FACILITY). THERE IS A $15 CHARGE PER LOT FOR A NO-SHOW AT THE SCHEDULED PICK-UP. If you are a No Show at the Auction Pickup there will be a Minimum charge of $15 per small item. This is basically a storage fee!
You have been advised of the Preview and Pickup dates prior to the auction. If you are unable or unwilling to pickup your items during the scheduled time please don't bid on the items unless you provide someone to pick your items up for you.
FORFEITURE OF ITEMS: We are experiencing problems with bidders picking up their items on the Scheduled Auction Pickup Date/Time/Location. Effective immediately we are instituting a new item pickup policy. Most of our Onsite Auctions are conducted on Wednesday with a Pickup 2-3 days later on either a Friday or Saturday depending on the Auction. From this point forward you will have one week from the date of the Auction to pick your items up or arrange shipping. Items that are not picked up or shipping arrangement made will be considered forfeited at close of business on the 7th Day. Satisfactory communications is everything with this policy. We realize that things happen sometimes and are normally willing to work with you, but you must communicate with us. If our emails and phone calls go unanswered you leave us with no choice.
13. SHIPPING: A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC generally does not offer shipping. VIEW NOTE BELOW. However, shipping is available through the local UPS Pack and Ship Store of Salisbury, MD. A&M Auctioneers can generally return items to our Auction Facility and arrange delivery to a Local UPS P/S Store the following week for a fee. A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers, LLC has no affiliation with the Pack and Ship store and has no control over pick-up fees or shipping freight fees through the UPS Store. A&M Auctioneers and Appraisers is not a shipping company. If you want something packed or shipped, please call the UPS Pack and Ship store or any other shipping company of your choosing. Please be advised that this type of shipping can be very expensive. If you chose not to have your items shipped, you will be responsible for picking them up from the UPS Store once they have been delivered. You will be responsible for any fee's associated that have been incurred. There will be no refunds if you choose not to have your items shipped.
SHIPPING NOTE Firearms: The Auction Co will remain responsible for the shipment of items to include Any and All firearms (Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns). Per ATF regulations we are responsible for shipping these items to another FFL in your State in most cases.
SHIPPING NOTE JEWELRY, GOLD/SILVER COINAGE: The Auction Co. will also be responsible for the shipping of most Jewelry, Silver & Gold Coinage/Currency items. We have had a few recent experiences with fraudulent bidding activity with Gold, Silver & Jewelry Purchases. If we suspect any fraudulent activity we reserve the right to hold these items until we can determine the validity of the purchase. This can be accomplished on our end by contacting the Card Issuer and having them contact the buyer to verify the purchase if needed. We will not ship these items to any address other than the verified address associated with the Credit Card.
14. RISK TO PERSON AND PROPERTY: BY REGISTERING AS A BUYER, YOU AGREE THAT A&M AUCTIONEERS & APRAISERS., LLC & THE SELLER/CONSIGNOR ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGE TO THE ITEMS YOU PURCHASED, YOUR OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY, OR FOR INJURY OR DEATH. Please take care of yourself and your items as you have released us from liability. We will not be liable for damage or injury to individuals or their property. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability whatsoever resulting from the use of the item(s) sold hereunder; and shall defend, indemnify, and save harmless Auctioneer and Seller from any liability.
15. AUCTION RECORDS: In the unlikely event of a dispute, you agree to accept as true the information that we have in our records.
16. ADDITIONS & DELETIONS: We reserve the right to remove and/or add lots and/or items to the sale at any point during the auction.
17. The Auctioneer reserves the right to accept bids in any increment he feels is in the best interest of his client, the Seller. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject the bidding of any person whose conduct, actions, or adverse comments he feels are not in the best interest of the Seller.
18. Titles will be disbursed on auction day only if payment is made in cash; otherwise they will be mailed when the check clears the bank. This will take approx.10 days for a personal check. If you replace a personal check with a local bank/cashier's check we will be able to hand you the title at that time.
19. SALES TAX: Sales tax will be added to the purchase of all taxable items. Dealers who purchase for resale must file their resale permit numbers. If you are Maryland Dealer you are required to have a Valid Sales & Use Tax License with the State of Maryland. We are required to verify that the license is Valid before deducting Sales Tax. We will verify the Tax # that you provide and print a Blanket Resale form for your to sign. This needs to be completed before the billing process is initiated. You can't use someone else's Sales & Use License. For Bidders from another state we are required by the State of Maryland to have a copy of your State Business License/Tax License on file in order not to charge Tax.
BUYER'S PREMIUM: A premium of 18% of the bid price will be added to the price of each item purchased. Taxes are calculated AFTER the buyer's premium. The Bidders Payment Type will not affect the Buyer Premium at an Online Only Auction. The buyer's premium includes commissions and/or fee's retained by the Online Bidding Platform company. The Buyers Premium will be listed in the Advertisements, in the information packet and in the bidding platform.
20. If the foregoing conditions or any other applicable conditions are not complied with, in addition to other remedies available to Auctioneer and Seller by law, including without limitation, the right to hold the purchaser liable for the bid price, the Auctioneer, at their option may (1) resell the property publicly or privately, with purchaser being liable for the payment of any deficiency plus all costs incurred, or (2) cancel the sale, retaining liquidated damages on all payments made by purchaser, Auctioneer commission and all other incidental damages will be charged.
21. Information in brochures, catalogs and other advertisements are from sources believed to be reliable; however prospective purchasers are urged to inspect the inventory or property to satisfy themselves as to condition, model, manufacturer, year, features, mileage, survey, acres, etc. Neither the Auctioneer or our client make any guarantees and are not responsible for listing or advertising inaccuracies or discrepancies.
22. All statements made by the Auctioneer the day of the auction take precedence over oral statements and/or printed materials.
23. The Auction Co. reserves the right to extend the bidding time if an error should occur with the online server.
24. By registering for the Auction you hereby agree to receive mail and/or email correspondence from the auction Co. from time to time. Auctioneer uses email mailing lists to notify customers about online and live auctions. Customers who do not wish to be notified should contact the office of the Auctioneer and request removal from the email mailing list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms